Friday 16 December 2011

Mini Pies



16. December

Again this is a bit of a cheat recipe, but let's you got to love a bit of a cheat when arranging a party some times.
See my other recipe with readymade pastry

1 readymade rolled short crust pastry (I used Sainsbury own)
finely grated Lactofree cheese
Store bought or homemade tomato sauce.
Egg for brushing.

Roll out the pastry and using a glass, cut out as many circles as possible.
Fill the small circles with ½ teaspoon sauce and a bit of cheese (don't over fill, otherwise they will be difficult to close). fold the circle in half and close up using a forks to press the edges together, use a bit of water as glue if they are not sticking.
brush with a bit of egg wash (as I forgot) and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.

Please sign up and leave me a message, that would really make my day.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I found your blog whilst trying to find instructions on making these types of pies :) I've never attempted it before. I've always been scared of working with pastry but today I'm going to attempt it. Thank you for the instructions, just wish there were step by step pictures ;) !

    ReplyDelete