Sunday 24 April 2011

Le Pain Quotidien

Having the Vegan Mezze Platter and my boyfriend having duck
(don't know if his was dairy free though).

I think I have loved this place since the first day I looked through the window of the restaurant in Soho, so defiantly love at first sight. Then when I went there to eat my love just grew even bigger.

Le Pain Quotidien is a worldwide chain of restaurants that originates from Belgium, and serves everything from breakfast, lunch and dinner, but also works as a bakery, patisserie and a bit of a delicatessen/pantry with jams, chocolate, tea’s and much more.

The food is French (Belgiun) and uses the best and freshest ingredients that really come out in the taste.  And as a lactose intolerant sufferer, they have marked the menu with dishes that are vegan (meaning no animal products including dairy), and when I have asked about certain dishes containing dairy the waiters have always been super quick to find out for me without you seeming like you are in any way a bother.

One of my best memories of London was when I celebrated my birthday with a picnic by the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain in Hyde Park, I had called the restaurant at Exhibition Road a few days before to ask if it was possible to have one of their picnic boxes without any dairy, and it was no problem at all, they just replaced the items containing dairy with ones that didn’t.
It was a perfect day, a warm summer day in August spent with good company and good food, I couldn't have asked for anything more.

For more information visit www.lepainquotidien.co.uk and for picnic boxes click here to see what they offer

No comments:

Post a Comment