Sunday 15 May 2011

Spaghetti with cheese and black pepper


Had a bit of butter left from making my own butter, and wanted to use it in a dish where it stood out a bit as an ingredient, so decided to make this dish.
I looked in the fridge to see what ells I had to work with, but not a lot to be honest, but I remembered a recipe I had found ages ago on a food blog called Smitten Kitchen I really like to read, so decided to give that ago.

I made a few changes and changed the measurements, but click here to see the original recipe.


 Serves 4
400g pasta
50ml olive oil
2 tablespoons butter (click here for recipe)
150g Lactofree semi hard cheese
1-1½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Cook the pasta in well salted water till it is cooked al dente.
Strain the water from the pasta, saving 300ml cooking water.
put the pot back on the heat and heat up the oil, add the pasta and 200ml of the pasta water (step back a bit and maybe even put a lit over it for a second, as it splatters).
Ad the rest of the ingredients and stir until you get a thick creamy sauce.

I accompanied my pasta with a bit of cooked broccoli, just needed a bit of green to go with it I think.

If you are finding my blog useful, please sign up and show your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment