Saturday 3 March 2012

BeyondDark healthy chocolate


I accidently saw this sweet little pack of chocolate buttons in Sainsbury’s, on the top shelf and a bit hidden between the other chocolates in the chocolate section. I just loved the packaging, and turning it around, it only had the warning ”may contain traces of milk products”, which means it is normally okay for us lactose intolerant people.

Reading the front it says “rich in natural antioxidants” and on the back it says “up to three times more antioxidants than standard chocolate”, this obviously made me very curious and I went straight home to look at their website.

According to the website, this little pack has the equivalent of 25 oranges, 8 bananas or 5 apples in antioxidants. It is stirred for 72 hours, where most chocolates are stirred for 6 hours, to give it a smooth texture. And it has a long list of health benefits from the flavinol antioxidants found in the chocolate.

Tasting the little chocolate buttons really made me hooked on the product, they melt in your mouth and have a really round taste, and not bitter like some 70% chocolates can be.

I went back the next day and bought 10 more packages, and now carry one in my bag at all time for when I have a chocolate craving.

For more information visit the BeyondDark website.

No comments:

Post a Comment