Tuesday 6 March 2012

Lactose free ice cream and toppings



Yeah! Lactofree has come out with a vanilla ice cream, and it is delicious. It has an amazing creamy and fluffy texture, and even contains real vanilla seeds like real vanilla ice cream should have I think.

I am actually really happy that they brought out vanilla ice cream compared to let say chocolate or something else, and not because vanilla actually is my favourite, but because it means you can transform it into any flavour you desire.

I got my hands on a tub for the weekend and invited some friends round for an afternoon ice cream party (could have used some sun and not rain for this, but what can you do).

I had made:
-Dulce de leche see here for recipe

-Honey Comb
see here for recipe
-Chocolate syrup see here for recipe
-Rum-Raisin see here for recipe
-Chocolate chip cookies see here for recipe


I served with:
-Lactofree whip cream
for more info see here
-Chocolate chips
for more info see here
-Mint Thins (I am sure after eight use to be dairy free, but they are not anymore, but luckly Sainsbury’s own are dairy free.)
for more info see here
-Oreo’s (I used Americans which are dairy free)
see the blog post about the difference between American and European Oreo’s.
-Roasted and chopped nuts (I used hazelnuts, pecans and walnuts).
-Bananas and glazed cherries.

I will be posting some more ice cream recipes during the next few weeks, but please leave a comment on what flavour you have been missing.

2 comments:

  1. where can i buylacto free ice cream? my 4 year old son is lactose intolerant and unless i spend a fortune on a small tub of icecream, he has to make do without....which is mean!! Im also glad i found your website.....i love to cook and bake etc...and now i can find all the recepies my son can eat in one place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tasha

      Realy glad to hear you like my blog :-)
      Lactofree's ice cream was launched yesturday in Tesco and will be available in other supermarkets like sainsbury's, morrisons and waitrose here in the uk.
      For more information have a look at lactofree's website http://www.lactofree.co.uk/

      Best
      Mia

      Delete