Monday 13 June 2011

Heart of Palms


As long back as I can remember I have been crazy about hearts of palm, it is one of those things that you only got on special occasions when I was younger as it was quite expensive back then, but the memory of helping put the slices on the bread at a very young age is a really happy one.
Happily today it is a more of a common thing and the prices are not as high, so now I quite often use slices in salads, but my favourite is still with a bit of mayo and salt on some good bread.


1 can of hearts of palm
Mayo
salt.
parsley (more for decoration and can be left out).
4 slices of good bread (I like sourdough).

There are two way of making this dish, either cut up the hearts of palm and transfer to a bowl, mix in a little mayo at a time till you get wanted consistency and ad salt to taste.
Or slice the hearts of palm and layer them on the bread, sprinkle with a bit of salt and decorate nicely with mayo.

If you are finding my blog useful, please sign up and show your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment