Saturday 8 February 2014

Oreo now dairy free in EU???


Apparently so! I did a blog post almost 3 years ago, click Here to read, about how there is a difference between American Oreo's and European Oreo's, but it seems no more. 

Back then I contacted Nestle EU to ask if they where going to make the EU Oreo's dairy free as well, but their answer was a bit fuzzy, but from what I could interpret they were going to start using the american recipe in EU at some point.

But now it seem they have, because if you look at the back of the Oreo packs now, you will no longer see whey from milk as an ingredients. After a bit of google investigation, it seems like this has been changed over a year ago, but very quietly. If it hadn't been for my husband thinking he would just do a little random check, I might never have found out, so Hurray for him ;-)
So now we can all have your Oreo's and dunk them too if you are lactose intolerant.

Are you happy that Oreo are now dairy free and was it one of things you where missing? leave me a comment down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment